Thursday, August 28, 2008

DUPONT CIRCLE

So.....

I moved in to Rockville Town Square yesterday, and it was well worth the wait! My apartment is beyond gorgeous, and the town square is a perfect mix of bars, restaurants, shops and a huge state of the art library that I can see directly into from all of my windows. (PICS TO FOLLOW SOON) Yes, I'm a nerd... I already tried to get my library card; but was sadly denied because I don't have proof of address yet.  In time ladies and gentlemen, in time!

Orientation for my program: Advocacy, Service and Arts was this morning.  The Washington Center (TWC) building is off the Dupont Circle stop and the area is beautiful.  I Love it.  I'll post pics of that too when it's not so drizzly outside.  As I got off the metro stop, I turned the corner, looked up past some buildings and saw the Washington Monument all tall and historic; it was surreal.  Very cool to say the least.  After orientation I got to know more of my peers and was truly excited by the diversity represented in our group and the ease in which we all talked about politics, religion, the arts, international affairs etc.... a far cry from a state university in New Britain, CT.  

The outlook.... beyond promising.  
I will post again with some pictures tonight.  Thank you to all 4 of you who are reading this ***wink*** wink
P.S. HI JESSI AND JACK!!!! HI SEAN!!!!!

No comments: