Tuesday, August 19, 2008

T-MINUS ONE WEEK


So here it is....My first blog.

Today marks the one week point until I will be living and working in Washington D.C with TWC (The Washington Center).  I have no idea what to expect, and yet, I find myself full of expectations for what I want to accomplish during my time in "the district".  That's right kids, I'm working on the fancy DC lingo already!  

It's about time for me to leave Southington, CT to see if my big ideas and not so fanciful outlook on our government matches up with the reality I'll be living in DC.  If I'm going to make a difference in the lives of young girls and women, if I'm going to work towards making equality between the sexes not just a goal but a reality, if I'm going to get my hands dirty and see what legislating and governing REALLY means, if I'm going to work for FREE....Washington DC is the ONLY place to do it from. 

I hope I can keep this blog up to date for all of my family and friends (or the occasional interested stranger).  The next 6 months should prove to be the most exciting days of my life so far.  So wish me luck, check in every now and again...I'll see you in the DISTRICT!!!!

***Photo by marceonline, flickr***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

still trying to work this out!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

The world is yours to take. Go get it.

Love,

Dad